Monday 8 February 2016

Dear You,

I don't know why I'm writing this or why I don't have the courage to say it to you without looking like a mess. For someone who claims so much strength, my cowardice tops every scale.
Where do I start from? How can I correct all I've done.
I have been stupid, selfish, dumb, distant.
They say you don't know what you have until you lose it but this isn't one of those times. You mean so much to me that expressing it overwhelms me.
You are precious to me. You're pretty much all I think about.
How you even thought to share your space with a dead guy like me is beyond me.
I'm sorry that I let you down. I'm sorry you had to beg me to do things I should ordinarily do for you. You are my friend. You looked past the physical mess that I am and found something lovable.
I am sorry I found it so hard to talk to you even after I messed up.
We had a misunderstanding but every relationship has that. I don't want this to be the end.
Why don't I want it to be the end?
Because the short period I spent with you was the best of my life.
I looked forward to the next day just so I could come back and see you.
To look at your smile. To listen to what you had to say. To feel your lips and just be in your presence.
There's so much to say, but even I know words can't change the fact that let you down.
I just hope that you can look past my mistakes, shortcomings, in abilities, and find something worth loving in me.
U x

No comments:

Post a Comment